Monday, September 26, 2016

Mommy and Me Monday




So, this may not be an every Monday occurrence, but this Monday is a mommy and me kind of day! It's JUST starting to become fall-ish around here. And I'm going to use the -ish part very strongly. It's still humid and muggy some days, but the cool mornings have come! Over the next two weeks, we have two mountain escapes planned too, so then I think fall will really feel like it's setting in. The best part about the little mountain escapes is that they'll be free of toddler drama! I love Hallen with every little bit of my heart, but I haven't been away from her in months and months. And I'm at that point of just needing time to remember what it's like to have no responsibilities for a night or two. I mean really...what's a responsibility as important as keeping a child alive!? 

Between now and then, I'm squeezing in as much time with this little gal as I  can, because I know I'll miss her. She's why I stay at home. And time together means dressing alike, right? I know you do it too...or you want to! 

These skirts from Ashley Rose Clothing are the perfect fall piece to have in your wardrobe. First and foremost, they're comfortable. You can add some stockings or leggings once it starts to cool down a little bit, or if it's still hot during the day and cool at night like it is in the Carolinas, go without leg wear during the day and throw a cute pair of tights on at night! Two outfits in one. You can't beat that.   To top it all off, grab a mommy and me headband set from Sassy Bow Co. in a great fall color that'll go with everything else pumpkin spice!

I paired my skirt with some older pieces in my wardrobe. Everyone has a denim shirt and a tank top laying around that is so easy to throw on and make this outfit look seamless. Take out last year's booties if you haven't had a chance to go shopping yet, because kids make it impossible to leave your house sometimes. That's what I did! 

When it starts to get cooler out, throw on your blanket scarf and some knee high boots. You can't go wrong with these skirts. They're so versatile and leave you with a lot of fall styling options.

Hallen: Boots - Old Navy, Skirt - Ashley Rose Clothing, Tunic - Gracious May, Headband - Sassy Bow Co.

Me: Boots - Zara, Skirt - Ashley Rose Clothing, Denim Top - Toms for Target, Necklace - Koco and Viking, Headband - Sassy Bow Co.











No comments:

Post a Comment