Thursday, October 6, 2016

The New Kid On the Block

I don't think much explanation even needs to go into this post since there's a video, but I'll give you the shortened play by play.

The day we went in for our ultrasound, we knew we were going to turn away when she checked the gender. We wanted to find out together, but not in the doctor's office. We did a gender reveal party for Hallen, so we wanted something special for this little bundle of joy too. The ultrasound tech sweetly put the gender photos in a sealed envelope for us so we could still have them, but wait to look at them until after the reveal...you know...just to be 100% positive!

We ordered a gender reveal lovey from Hudson and Heart Co to open for our big surprise. I thought it'd be fun for Hallen to get involved with too since it was a stuffed animal. Hudson and Heart Co is such an amazing company. Their hearts are truly about giving back. For each gift purchased in their shop, they're able to give a meal to a child in need. I love supporting shops with such a heart felt mission, and I like knowing that my money isn't just going into some big corporation.

So, the lovey arrived two days after our ultrasound. Once that box was there, it was go time in my head. I called Kevin to see when he was coming home, and when we could make this happen! I wanted to rip into that box and see what cute animal was hiding in there! Once I told Kevin the package had arrived, he immediately left work so we could get this party started.

Once he got home, there was no putzing around. He hopped in the shower, we gathered everything up that we needed, and headed out. Our friends met us nearby to take photos and a video (super sweet of them...we were just going to put the camera on a tripod and hope for it not to come out blurry)! Once everyone was there and had eaten their Chick-Fil-A, it was go time. My gut feeling was a girl and Kevin's (along with everyone else) was a boy. It was so exciting to have the answer just moments away.


  A larger version can be found here.

We are so thrilled to announce we'll be having another little girl this February. It seems surreal still that we'll be raising sisters soon. I hope they become best friends. My heart could explode with joy right now. God is so good.









Cardigan: Mila Chic Boutique Leggings: Blanqi Tunic: Shop K La Hallen's Flares: Happy Shombey Shoes: Lili Collection Shoes Headband: Daddy Said Yes Boutique Lovie: Hudson and Heart Co.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful...makes me cry!! Can't wait to meet this beautiful precious new bundle of joy!!

    ReplyDelete